About Pezo Import AB
Pezo Import is your bridge to direct trading with Peruvian Coffee farmer cooperatives.
For coffee importers we:
- Carefully selected cooperatives; we have a strong personal relationship with the people we collaborate with, we are familiar with the areas and know that coffee is produced with the outmost care for the environment and the local community.
- Secure the quality of the coffee before the shipment leaves Peru
- Offer you direct access to the cooperative of your choice
- Source any special quality, grade or type coffee you require
- Guarantee that you deal directly with the Coffee Producers
- Enable you to source Single Estate coffee and offer unique flavours and high quality coffee
For the Coffee Cooperatives we:
- Provide a sales channel that they do not otherwise have access to
- Gain access to the Northern European market where Peruvian coffee is currently under supplied
- Match their coffee offer with the right importer
- Safeguard direct trade between the cooperative and the final coffee manufacturer
- Secure the individual smallholding farmer a fair price for coffee grown
- Permit the cooperative to achieve and maintain relevant certifications like Fair Trade and Organic
- The cooperative only pays Pezo Import for our marketing services if we are successful in matching them with a Scandinavian importer, so there is no risk, financial or otherwise, to the cooperative or its member farmers, only opportunity…
There are 3 major sustainability certifications: FairTrade, Rainforest Alliance, and UTZ (Utz Kapeh). They all work to promote a better life for producers in developing countries through fair prices, direct trade and community development and sustainable farm development and management.
AMOKKA collaboration with Pezo Import
AMOKKA has purchased coffee from Peru through Pezo Import during the past 2 years, and we are very enthusiastic about the collaboration. We have received 2 containers, both organic and Fair Trade certification. All coffee purchased is from cooperatives and of very good and uniform quality.
Meet our partner Cooperatives
Rio Negro Coop
Satipo, Junín, Peru
Established 2011, 300 member families of which 40 are Asháninca, one of Peru’s indigenous communities.
Founded as an NGO in 2004, commercial coop since 2014. 159 members of which 29 women.